This assembly kit creates a Black Special version of the Copperfang (Item 18715), a car which was developed from an entry into the Tamiya 2018 Mini 4WD Design Contest. The kit employs a unique muscular body with fang-like front fenders that was inspired by the copperhead snake. It is based upon the front motor FM-A chassis, which offers steady performance on a range of track layouts.
FM-A: Aerodynamic Front Motor Chassis
The FM-A chassis is a front motor unit with advanced aerodynamic themes that – thanks to its center of gravity toward the front – is at home on a whole variety of track types including those with frequent elevation changes. It comes equipped with a low-friction front skid bar, while the chassis underside allows easy access to the motor and quick setup changes. Aircraft-inspired aero side stays allow attachment of a range of Grade-Up parts. The chassis is molded in durable ABS, with low friction A parts such as under panel, all in matching black. Smoke color metal-plated A-spoke wheels are combined with low-profile tires, and the model includes 3.5:1 gears.
• Mini 4WD model assembly kit. Length: 156mm, width: 97mm.
• The FM-A chassis is molded in reinforced Black polycarbonate-ABS. A Parts are Black low-friction POM.
• The three-part body comes molded in tinted Smoke color ABS. It features a long nose style, with front fenders that arc like a snake readying to bite, and reptilian skin-inspired body panels.
• Comes with dedicated stickers to create markings and depict LED style headlights.
• 4-spoke black carbon fiber-reinforced nylon wheels are paired with fluorescent green slick tires.
• Type 130 motor is included. The model features a 4.2:1 gear ratio.
• Two AA batteries are required (sold separately).
• A wide range of Grade-Up Parts is available separately to customize your machine.